Data Scientist, Investment Research
HYBRID OFFICE | ENGINEERING | FULL-TIME
Erithmitic is a financial services platform reimagining Commercial Real Estate (CRE) lending. We are building a next-generation E2E CRE loan management and investment platform using modern technologies. Erithmitic's lending team can source, originate, and underwrite loans using the workflow suite directly within our ecosystem. Leveraging a variety of public and private data sources and machine learning techniques, the Company is able to generate new and useful insights in evaluating the unique risks and opportunities of each CRE transaction, allowing for better and more accurate pricing. Our team of experienced operators comes from a diverse set of backgrounds, from Microsoft to Goldman Sachs and Gusto. We just raised a $6M seed round, backed by two prominent venture firms: AlleyCorp and Tishman Speyer Ventures, and we're planning to grow!
Erithmitic's data engineering platform enables us to harness some of the industry's most complex and challenging content, as we structure and integrate datasets into our products. Erithmitic's data scientists are focused on exploring and evaluating new datasets; inventing and constructing features from these datasets; and building models from these features. We utilize a variety of modeling techniques to generate financially-relevant predictions feeding into Erithmitic's systematic investment management platform, measure the performance and impact of our predictions in a variety of settings, and further distill economic insights and thematic analyses from our data & observations. Erithmitic's entire tech organization is committed to learning and exploring; we routinely have seminars and emphasize cross-functional learning so that you can grow as our organization does.
- Work in a multi-functional team with complete ownership of your results and predictions.
- Routinely explore and incorporate new datasets into our products.
- Design, develop, and implement novel methods.
- Participate in monthly seminars and biweekly demonstrations.
- Work with our finance, origination, and underwriting teams to understand the requirements for the products you will build.
- Propose new ideas and develop end-to-end plans to implement. We are a start-up so you get to present your ideas directly to the decision-makers.
- Learn about what everyone on our team does.
- 1-5+ years of experience in applied data analysis & prediction, preferably in an industry setting.
- Degree in a technical or quantitative discipline, i.e. mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science.
- Demonstrably strong modeling intuition and feature engineering creativity.
- Expertise in applying statistical techniques for time-series measurement/estimation and prediction.
- Intimate familiarity with the potential flaws or fallacies in applying statistical methods.
- Experience specifying and managing requirements for datasets leveraged in your analyses.
- Strong programming experience in at least one common language, i.e. python, C++ and ability/desire to quickly adapt to any software infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of SQL and common data science toolkits: sci-kit learn, numpy, pandas
- Work in an Agile environment and deep dedication to git.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, written and verbal. Experience crafting a compelling narrative supported by data.
- A portfolio of open-data analyses or data-driven results would be ideal.
Full package benefits, including:
- Remote/hybrid work with offices in NYC and Denver.
- Stock equity in the company!
- Health plan options: medical, dental, vision, etc.
- Unlimited vacations/time off.
- High quality 401K investment options.
- Commuter benefits.
Erithmitic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.